Thursday, December 3, 2009

Daily Sketch 40

Here is a drawing that I did while we were waiting for our food at Rubio's. I haven't had any thing that I didn't like at this restaurant.
Today is the 40th consecutive day that I have completed a daily sketch. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it has been that long, but when I look back at all the sketches completed, I am amazed at all the experiences that have been recorded in my drawings. Each drawing takes me back to the time and place where I created them. I look forward to continuing the process and growing as an artist.

Drawn with a Sharpie pen.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Keep at it!

Unknown said...

One of the things that I really like about your sketches is that recording of your experiences. It becomes something you can treasure later. And this is terrific! I rarely record these events, but I know I've looked back and thought, oh, this is when that happened! Next year, you'll remember exactly when your son got sick, etc.

Art is for the Making said...

Forty straight days - that's an accomplishment! Keep on. Your sketches are fantastic! What kind of paper are you using with your Sharpie?

David R. Vallejo said...

I am currently using a Pentalic sketchbook for my ink drawings. I found it at the community college here in town for really cheap, $5.95 for 288 acid free pages. Plus, it is 8 1/2" x 11" so it is easier to scan than my other sketchbook which is a 9" x 12" Strathmore 400 series. When using a Sharpie pen, I use a piece of copier paper as backing so that the ink doesn't bleed through to the next page.

Ramona Davidson said...

Thanks for sharing you life and art with us. I admire your talent and tenacity. Good work.

Art is for the Making said...

Thank you, David R. Vallejo, for the paper info. I've been trying Sharpies with different types of paper - some with success...and then there are others. Again, I like your work.

donna said...

Very good sketch!