Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Sketch 89


This sketch is part of my lesson plan for my high school students for this Wednesday. The lesson is inspired by the work of Jim Dine, just in time for Valentine's Day (though I am not sure if he appreciates his work being associated with the sentiments of the holiday).
The lesson is pretty simple. Students will divide there paper into four rectangles and then draw a heart in the center of each rectangle. After that, they are free to doodle inside and around their drawn hearts, experimenting with shape, texture, line, tone, etc.
The trick is to draw during the entire session, which after explaining the assignment, they will have about 45 to 50 minutes of work time. I will draw with them and take breaks in my drawing to walk around and help them out with ideas that they might add to their art. Should be interesting.
Drawn with a Sharpie pen.

2 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

What a fun and cool assignment! I bet your students love you. I think I might do one just for the fun of it. nancy

Anonymous said...

Great and fun assignment! I'm thinking about making my hubby a valentine card using this idea instead of some store bought rag.