Saturday, July 3, 2010

Linocut Sketches

Here are a few sketches that re-create a triptych painting design that I did a while back. I thought it might be an interesting design to use as a donation for a local art collective as a fundraiser. However, as I got to thinking more about it, I wondered who really wants a picture of a drag, flick, litter cigarette piece? People usually want to have something pretty to present on their wall! So I discarded this idea and am now working on a floral piece that I plan to make into a reductive linocut monoprint.

These drawings were done with just a regular #2 pencil.













2 comments:

Janene said...

I do think these have quite beautiful lines--I agree that the topic is not that appealing though!

Alex said...

These are gorgeous! =) I simply love them, but I don't smoke.