Thursday, November 4, 2010

Illustration Friday: "Spent"


I had the most difficult time getting this design the way I was envisioning it in my head. It's still not right, but with the deadline in my face, here it is anyway.
In this piece, I wanted to relate the experience of distance runners and how they really work hard at what they do. It's a labor of love.
I just realized that I have done a few works depicting physical activity. I might decide to query some fitness publications for work in my next self promotional campaign. We'll see what happens.
This illustration was created with watercolors and colored ink.

6 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

I really love this! Great job on the colors and less definitely is more in this composition!

David R. Vallejo said...

Thanks! That is what I was going for so I am glad you pointed that out.

Candylei said...

Hi: I linked over from everyday matters...I love your banner. It is awesome. Beautiful.
Candyeli

Alex said...

beautiful colors! great perspective!

Lynn said...

Great job! He really does look like he's dragging his feet because he's so tired.

leek said...

Good Job! I like this...