Thursday, January 27, 2011

Illustration Friday: Dusty

Well, this one is not making it to the portfolio, so I guess I'll call it an experimental piece. Originally I had planned on it being just black stipples with India ink. Then the more I developed it, the more it seemed to need. I think the art process is a lot of hit and miss, but the great part about it is the experience of trying new things, and venturing to the unknown. I never know what I can or can't do unless I try.

Created with India ink, watercolors, and a lot of messiness!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

The messiness definitely fits your theme. I like it!

Daphne said...

I love this piece...

nanke's stuff said...

When I read the title in your EDM post, I immediately saw a drawing of a dog in my mind's eye. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a car! lol nancy

Sandra said...

A nice good morning chuckle.

Unknown said...

Great idea for the topic and I love the perspective of this. Did you use a photo reference or did you do this from memory?

David R. Vallejo said...

Raena - I actually had a difficult time finding a good car pic on the Net (I guess I could have went outside to look at cars). So I looked at a bunch of pics on Google to get an idea of what I wanted, then drew from my imagination. I started with the lettering and then just worked my way around that.

Peachtreeart said...

This is "great" especially the way you chose to "fill" the picture plane whhich gives a unique compositional choice! And I know the india ink is beautiful on its own but color always livens and ads dimensions as your cab shows!

Alex said...

Nice! Which reminds me, my car needs a car wash too -___-