Thursday, June 23, 2011

30 Days of Creativity #23

So I received a package of Scotch Brand items from the 30 Days of Creativity team as an appreciation for my participation. The idea is to use the items for the day 23 prompt "Plaid". Initially, I had so many ideas, many of them being very sophisticated, and I was wondering how I was going to pull it off in one day. Finally, I went with the simplest idea, which was a really vague idea of scanning all the items into my computer and experimenting to see what would happen.
First of all, I drew my "Spot" illustration on one of the delivery packages, then scanned it in with the other items to follow. Then I copied and pasted a few plaid Scotch logos and connected them to make a couple bigger plaid patterns. Finally, I opened a package of restickable shapes, scanned them, and scattered them throughout the image. I really like how the transparency of colors blend on this one.
I'm having fun with this digital collage thing. I'm glad it didn't take me too long to do because today is a rather busy day, with visiting out of town family, cooking, and an art reception later this evening. What a balancing act!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea!
Sue