Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Why We Remember": Behind the Scenes

The minister of my church asked me if I could share a little bit of the background for last Sunday's sermon painting for this Sunday's service.  I agreed to do it, however, as I got to thinking about it, I didn't really want to stand in front of my church and explain my process.  It sounded too much like an art history class to me, and though I really enjoy art history, I am pretty sure the general public doesn't share my enthusiasm.
So I decided to share in a different way, and create a still video of my process and what I was thinking for the design.  Outside of the Internet, this is the first time I have been able to share in this way.  It somehow seems more real than sharing via blog, though I am happy to make connections through the Internet.
Feeling rather creative, I decided to not only share still photos and narrate, but I also wrote the soundtrack on guitar.  It only took me 2 or 3 hours to write, record, and edit the song.  Music doesn't always come that quickly for me.
The media I used for this project was Windows Movie Maker for the video, and Audacity for the instrumental and vocal recording.

No comments: