Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Illustration Friday: Snow

I was going to use watercolor on this drawing, but then I thought it would be a better opportunity to work on developing my skills with Photoshop. Initially, I had a more sophisticated color scheme in mind. However, using a monochromatic approach seemed to work out best in the end.

In developing the concept for this piece, I thought the "Fiscal Cliff" that everyone is talking about would fit the coldness of winter and snow. As our country's financial problems continue to snow ball, I think we need to be honest with ourselves and realize there really is no good answer for a solution. We really need to tell Washington to grow up, stop squabbling, and own up to the decisions they need to make, even if that means they won't get reelected.

Illustrated with pen and ink on watercolor paper, then digitally colored in Photoshop.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a perfect interpretation it would look awesome in a magazine

David R. Vallejo said...

Thanks, Mary. That's exactly what I was going for!

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

Well said and a great interpretation!