Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last 2008 Sketches

Here's a last couple sketches for the year. The first is a study for this week's Illustration Friday topic "Clandestine". It is a piece that is a simple corn field scene, perhaps picture that someone might want hanging on their wall. However, what is wrong with the picture is that in the right foreground there is a marijuana plant peaking into the observer's view. The "clandestine" part of the illustration represents the planting of marijuana in corn fields that is very common here in the Central San Joaquin Valley area. Every year some crops are found and destroyed by law enforcement agencies, but I am sure it is only the tip of the iceberg.

The second drawing is a sketch at a restaurant. In my rush to finish the drawing before the food was served I got the proportions all out of wack. It is often difficult to draw when I can't quite devote my entire attention to the creative process.



No comments: