Sunday, December 28, 2008

Random Sketches



Here are a couple of sketches that I did today. The first is of my cat Mr. Frodo looking at birds out the window. The second is of my son and his friend watching The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I have been quite busy during my Christmas break, but things are starting to settle down a little and I am starting to plan more projects for my art.

The biggest plan is setting up my professional website to showcase my portfolio. The site is simply a Wordpress blog site that a friend of mine is allowing me to use in exchange for my design and illustrative services.

Actually, I've hardly done any work in exchange for the website, just my ongoing sermon painting series (my friend is the minister with whom I create paintings while he gives the Sunday morning message). We're about due for another painting some time soon.

Since I don't think of blogging as being a very professional activity, I am still going to use Blogspot for blogging and Wordpress my professional activities.

With my site up (find it at http://davidrvallejo.com/, for those interested), I also plan to send lots of e-mails to solicit potential clients. In conjunction with that, and for those who don't want e-mails, I am going to print up postcards with art samples to promote myself.

With the economy the way it is, I am hoping I can stir up interest with someone willing to take a chance on an up and coming illustrator. Good thing I have a teaching job to rely on!

No comments: