Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Articulaciones Visuales #2


I finally came up with a name for my ongoing abstract series, Articulaciones Visuales (or Visual Articulations for those of us who speak English). For me, art, whether it is representational, non-objective, or otherwise, is the way I express myself. It is my personal language where I am best able to articulate what I want to say. However, I think there are things that go beyond language and representational ideas; feelings, responses, desires, urges, emotions that are not well represented by words or recognizable imagery. So in this series my aim is to visually articulate those things within me that go beyond words and can only be articulated in my own personal way.

Articulaciones Visuales #2 was created with acrylic, gesso and collage on canvas.

3 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

Great name! If you continue to add to this series, I can see them on a wall at various heights. I think it would be really striking! nancy

Ann said...

I agree with Nancy - how they are displayed will be part of the piece and setting up a rhythm of these would be striking. I love this series and look forward to seeing where you go with it.

David R. Vallejo said...

I didn't really think about the hanging of the pieces, but now I can totally see how that would be important. Now I am even more excited about this series!