Monday, January 10, 2011

Duck Poll

I will be donating 2 paintings for auction at my son's school crab feed. Funds raised will go to help his class travel to Washington DC. To make the paintings look nice and presentable, I am going to matte and frame them under glass. The hard part is figuring out which 2 paintings to frame. So I thought I would send out a poll to all my friends and acquaintances on Twitter, Facebook, EDM, etc. to help me decide.
On each painting are the letters A, B, C, and D. Pick two letters in the poll area at the top of my blog page. I plan on framing the paintings this Wednesday, so the poll will be open about Wednesday afternoon, west coast time.
Thanks in advance for your help. It will be interesting to see what is chosen.
These duck pictures were created with watercolor and India ink.
Looks like "B" and "C" are the most popular. Thanks for the all the great participation on the poll. Much appreciated.




















































14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like B and D.

Anonymous said...

I like B and D.

Elza Metzelaar said...

I think A & B because of the striking blue, but I am a color person. Great work - Elza

nanke's stuff said...

I like all of them very much, but B really stood out for me. I struggled between C and D for my next vote, and ultimately decided on D. They are all just charming, and I love the colors! nancy

dotswood said...

I like B and C... looks like B is definitely a winner here!! Dot

Janene said...

These are well done! I like B best but had a hard time deciding on second place.

Kate Burroughs said...

I really liked them all. I liked B the best and then A. But C and D are also nice.I can see why you are having a hard time making a choice. I like A and B because they have more color in them.

Sandra said...

Grrr, B did not show up on my screen. I agree that C and D are both contenders, but I think that I'll go with C. A nice gift, on your part, to the auction.

magpie said...

ah but which ones do YOU like best?

David R. Vallejo said...

Well, Magpie, I originally planned to frame all 4 but couldn't quite afford it. Since I think they are all strong pieces I had a difficult time picking just 2 of them. So I guess I like them all equally the same. That's why I asked for help because I think I am too attached to them to make a decision.

Barbara B said...

B has my vote. I like the color and the ducks seem to have so much personality!

Alex said...

I picked B, and yay a lot of people picked that too. Love all of them duckies and beautiful illustrations!

Unknown said...

Definitely B! I think the ducks stand out more with the blue wash in the background!

Anonymous said...

B is definitely my first pick but I also like C for the feeling of movement it captures.