Friday, July 8, 2011

JLI Sketches

Here are a couple of sketches I did from observing a free class held by Jagged Lines of Imagination Academy. The class was part of the Stockton Artwalk which is held on the 2nd Friday of each month in the summer time. It was open to the public. There was also student art for sale to help fund JLI and I also donated my work for sale. Unfortunately, I didn't sell a single painting. The Artwalk was pretty dead; not many artists exhibiting and not many art viewers. What's the deal in Stockton? There seemed to be much more going on in the past years.
I also presented a workshop for JLI last night featuring my Sermon Painting techniques (I called it "speed painting"). Presenting the workshop was a really good experience for me as I got to share certain things that I have learned about speed painting and I got to get the audience to participate with creating a painting right there in the studio. I'll post the finished painting later next week.
These two sketches were created with a black Prismacolor Artstick on 11" x 18" paper.

No comments: