Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Business Card Design

I decided to get away from the logo look for my business cards and use art work that actually represents what I do. I realize that artists using their work for business cards is nothing new, but I put a little twist in the idea. Being tight on spending cash lately, I couldn't afford to make color prints for my cards or buy colored ink for my printer, so my solution was to take more personal approach. I lowered the text on the card layout leaving room for me to draw in the open space above the text. It took a couple of hours out of my day to do this, but I'm sure it will be worth it if I drum up business from it. Obviously, if things get really busy I'll have to do a different tactic for promotion. I was thinking of using the same idea for promotional postcards too.
What do you think? Does this seem to be a more personal approach to doing business? Or does it look too low budget?
The text for the business cards were created with Print Shop software printed on Avery printable business cards. My cards ran out, so then I resorted to card-stock which work out great. The images were drawn with colored ink and India ink.















9 comments:

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Wow! What a wonderful idea. People will be scooping them up for the beautiful art work.

Revelle Taillon said...

I agree! I want one! I think these will really make an impact.

Charlotte said...

Not low-budget, it looks like you've taken a lot of care! A great idea.

Cathy Holtom said...

They look great and very personal, you wouldn't throw one of those away!

Carin Winkelman said...

Original art on a business card low budget? I think not! These could become collectors items! I love them.

David R. Vallejo said...

I want to thank everyone for your comments. I value your insight. Thanks! :)

Sandra said...

You've created treasures! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

These are great! I think people will hang onto them and show them around, so you time investment should be very rewarding!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! This is the best thing, Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
Personnel Forms