Friday, September 30, 2011

The Avengers: Black Widow

Here is my finished illustration of Black Widow.  The process was pretty straightforward, but I took a bit of time to think things through and get the details right.  Since Black Widow is originally Russian, I wanted to depict her like a James Bond movie character of sorts.  Ah, the Cold War!  It seemed to spawn all sorts of story plots.
This design is for a series where I will be depicting all the characters from The Avengers movie that will be out in 2012.  One character down, 5 or 8 to go.  
Illustration created with watercolor, gesso, and India ink on cold pressed watercolor paper.
Check out the process video if interested.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, David! I love that she is in action!

David R. Vallejo said...

I am really happy with the way it turned out too. Thanks.

Alex said...

Nice one David!